The two things I love most about this dishÂ are 1) it’s simplicity and 2) it’s flavour.
What else is there to ask of a salad!?
240g babyÂ rocket or spinach leaves (I much prefer rocket)
6 large figs, quartered
1/2 cup Roasted Hazelnuts
150g Goat’s Cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – to taste (I give it a couple of good splashes)
Balsamic Vinegar – to taste (a generous splash all over)
Salt and Pepper – to taste
1) Rinse and spin dry the rocket / baby spinach. Place it gently into a large salad bowl.
2) Sprinkle the roasted hazelnuts on top of the salad.
3) Wash, dry and quarter the fresh figs. Layer on top of the rocket / baby spinach.
4) Scatter the goat’s cheese across the salad.
5) Dress with theÂ extra virign olive oil and the balsamic.
6) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.